Hi Ask Sarah readers! I’m Holly I blog over on Stitch It With Style about vintage, sewing and lifestyle.
I am a textiles student from the UK and love to sew..and I mean LOVE! Ever since I was about 14 I have had an interest in sewing, I loved my textiles lessons at school and longed to have my own sewing machine at home so I could continue it. I got my first sewing machine when I was 15, a lidl’s special – we all have to start somewhere right? I was constantly on it making things for my room like cushions and curtains and headboards, I even had a go at upcycling old units – I loved it! I’ve gone through a sewing machine a year but now I have invested in one I hope that lasts me a bit more than just a year?!
I don’t really know where the idea came to set up my own business but I know I loved showing my products to other people and seeing their reaction. I remember when I was on a walk and I kept thinking of names of what I could call it, one was ‘sewing in style’ but I’m glad I kept with ‘stitch it with style’ as I feel it really gives a sense as to what I do. So today I thought I’d just show you what I do and give you a sense to what my blog is about.
A recent post was all about upcycling using Annie Sloan paint. I created a stall with a gorgeous floral print to cover the main seat. Here is the post, see how it turned out!
Here are a few things I make, you are welcome to buy anything just by coming over to my blog or emailing me OR YOU CAN NOW VISIT MY ONLINE STORE! I thought I’d never say that but lots of people have been asking when I’m going to get one because at the moment I either selling through instagram or email then onto paypal..but all that has now changed! Take a look at my online store (most items featured in this post will be for sale over on my ONLINE SHOP!!!) So there you go! Now you’ve had a look at my shop, what was your favourite product?
Thankyou so much to Sarah for asking me to feature on her blog. (Your welcome Holly!)
Holly x Follow on – Facebook | Instagram | Blog
This week was full of appointments, errands, follow up and just stuff! I am making the most of this Sunday. I’m going spend the day in my PJ’s and so some embroidery. I might even get a around to a little pampering exfoliating & moisturizing. It’s always nice to start the week refreshed.
- Mr Ask was playing 80′s songs in the car & I asked him ‘whatever happened to The Manikins? I googled them but they seem to have disappeared’. I couldn’t remember how the name was spelt or anything else about them. I just remembered one bit of the lyrics. Mr Ask googled furiously, we thought we’d hit a dead end (only another comment with someone else wondering what happened to them) and then he found the track I was after on youtube!! He also bought me the CD he found on US eBay. Such a good man!
- Have you been watching @midnight? If not, you should it’s funny! And occasionally terrifying, the Internet is a strange place….
- I cleaned my makeup brushes last Sunday (and I admit it was overdue) but I realized the difference it made when the day after Mr Ask complimented my makeup and asked what I did differently…. Let that be a lesson we can all learn from!
- I have a new favourite blog, that has made me weep with laughter! It’s the true stories of a seamstress who alters bridal and formal wear. The unreasonable requests and hissy fits will entertain for hours.
- My Goodnight Giveaway is still open, don’t forget to get your entry in!
- And you know how I told you I was feeling old last week? Yeah, The Never Ending Story is 30 years old. So, I’m feeling older than ever…Faaaaalllcooooor!!!
- Sundays are the day for roasts and Mr Ask is making Biksemad.
Wishing you a fabulously relaxing Sunday xxxx