Summary: Mummy Ask gave me two tins of mangos and straight away I knew what to do with them! Awhile back I came across a product called Jell-It-In in the baking isle. It’s a vegetarian gelatin replacement that comes in little sachets like gelatin. How exciting for vegos like me or those grossed out about what gelatin is! You could use gelatin in your version if it doesn’t bother you. I kept the recipe nice and simple, I used my stand mixer but a big bowl and electric beaters would be just fine.
- 2 (425g) tins mangos in juice
- 1 (250g) block cream cheese, softened
- 2 sachets Jell-It-In
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 24 mini tart shells
- 300ml cream
- 2 tblsp icing sugar
- Drain the mangoes, reserving 1/2 a cup of juice.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the mango and beat until well combined. You will have still have some texture from the mango.
- From here you need to work quickly, so make sure you are ready! Add the juice, castor sugar and Jell-It-In to a small saucepan and whisk together.
- Put the saucepan on a gentle heat and whisk constantly until the mixture starts to bubble. You’ll see it has already thickened.
- Pour the jelled juice mix into the mango cream cheese and beat really well.
- Spoon the mix into the tart shells and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Then add the cream to a mixer bowl and whip until soft peaks form. Sprinkle in the icing sugar and continue whipping until firm peaks form.
- Smooth or pipe the cream on top of the tarts and serve!
Ah the weekend! I’m so glad to be relaxing with the wonderful Mr Ask. It’s just warm enough to have all the windows open, the cats are laying around in the sunny patches! It’s so nice, I’m even enjoying the weekend ritual of washing, folding and ironing the clothes. Even though I was the one to post about mending jeans, Mummy Ask was taking some up this week.
- Mummy Ask was having some jewelry remodeled and we picked up the finished product this week. I’ll eventually get a post up about the pros and cons.
- While we were at the jewelers, we visited Villa Hampton and I picked up a flamingo that I’m crazy in love with. I love how some purchases just make you smile when you look at them!
- I watched James May’s Series, Cars of The People. It was so interesting! There were so many things I didn’t know and would never have guessed. The history of the VW was particularly interesting.
- I’ve been chasing down the rabbit hole of perfect brows for awhile. Mr Ask had to get his phone fixed, which left us with 30mins to kill in Rundle mall in the city. The Benefit brow bar girl was awesome and I bought a Gimme Brow in med/deep, it seems like a perfect solution for defined but natural brows. I also picked up a sample of the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Alaska because my Becca Luminous Skin Colour one in Camel is nearly empty. I’m happy to take recommendations!
- I had youtube playing on the TV, a makeup collection video came on and Mummy Ask was so amazingly shocked at the amount of stuff some people have. Even though we know that companies send promo products and reviewers have to have stuff to review and many are makeup artists – it still seems crazy! We had some interesting discussions on excess, addiction and consumer culture. It’s worth a watch, just to be shocked!
- I dropped into a few garden centres with a Mummy Ask. She wants a few more plants and an unusual, small outdoor setting. She’s thinking a bright colour like teal, yellow or orange. If you know anywhere with a nice selection (locally or online) let me know, okay?
My physical self is folding laundry but my spirit is drinking a big, fresh juice and walking by the beach. I hope you’re having fun, whatever you’re doing xxxx