- Yes, today is the beginning of Autumn. Even though I don’t feel like Autumn and Spring really happen in Australia. It’s just hot and then not…..
- Why Dove’s #SpeakBeautiful campaign is the ugliest thing on the Internet today.
- No joke, this cat has been the mayor of an Alaskan town for 15 years. Each day he goes to a local restaurant for a wineglass of water and catnip. Meet Mr Stubbs…
- The city of Edmonton is considering adding an eleven kilometer (seven mile) ‘freezeway’ that will allow residents to skate to work, with a pilot project planned for as early as next winter.
- The speech Nixon would have given if the moon landing failed. Beautiful and creepy at once.
- Apparently, March 14 this year will be an extra special “Pi Day” because for the only time this century, we will have 3/14/15 9:26:53!
- How crazy? This women lost her wedding ring for 16 years before finding it growing on a carrot in her garden.
- And for your weekly dose of awww, the sad cat diary.
- 1 x 380g tin Caramel Top n’ Fill
- 150ml cream
- 8 tart green apples
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the caramel and cream until smooth and well combined. Pour in to a serving bowl.
- Cut the apples into slices and serve with the caramel dip.
Castaway to Couture is an exciting project for op shop lovers and refashioners. it is a National refashioning competition to celebrate National Sewing month in May, brought to you by the Australian Sewing Guild Inc. (ASG), in collaboration with Red Cross Shops.
The idea is simple, pick up a garment (or a few!) from Red Cross Shops, use your sewing skills to refashion it into something new and enter the competition via the ASG Facebook app. Winners will be determined via public vote, so make sure you let your friends know how they can vote for you!
The winner will receive a swag of prizes:
- A 12 month subscription to the Australian Sewing Guild Inc. RRP$60 (not to mention exclusive member discounts and deals)
- A 12 month subscription to ‘Love Sewing’ Magazine RRP$99.95
- A signed copy of ‘The Sewing Bible for Clothes Alteration’ by Judith Turner RRP$40
- 12 month access to the Genie Centre Magic Circle videos & ebooks RRP$144.95
- Plus articles/profiles of the winner will be published in ‘Love Sewing’ Magazine and on the Australian Sewing Guild website and blog. Just think of the exposure!
The Castaway to Couture competition is open to all Australians and don’t be put off that this is the Australian Sewing Guild – we truly welcome anyone who loves to sew! There will be no picky inspections by the ASG, it’s all down to the public to pick their fave refashion via the photos supplied. Entries open 2 March 2015 & closes 22 May 2015. For full details on the competition, terms and conditions etc please see – www.aussew.org.au
You can enter as many times as you want it it’s not just for expert stitchers so get shopping and chopping!