Summary: My city has been so hot lately, it’s like swimming in lava! That means preparing food that doesn’t need heating. I love this because it stands as a salad on its own but it’s a nice compliment to other Mexican inspired foods or even as a dip. It will last several days in the fridge, so it’s also good for vegan/vegetarian meal prep, if you are into weekly prepping. It’s very straightforward but if you are getting tired of the same old salads, this makes a welcome change. We were planning to eat this with roast sweet potato, guacamole and baked corn with spiced sour cream, so I left out the corn this time around.
- 1 (400g) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, diced
- 1 cup salsa, homemade or jar
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- Toss everything together in a large bowl.
- Cover and chill before serving.