Summary: I am sure that there is at least a zillion ways to prepare and cook bok choy but I have been cooking it this was forever. I’m not even sure where I picked this up from. Bok choy is so quick and easy to cook. I love how beautifully garlicky this is! Sometimes I add extra garlic, depending on how I’m serving this, so feel free to up the garlic if you are into that sort of thing.
- 1 tblsp canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 baby bok choy, rinsed
- 1 tblsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Cut the bok choy into quarters, keeping the core intact.
- Heat oil in a large fry pan or wok over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add bok choy, soy sauce and water and cover immediately. Cook covered for 1 minute.
- Remove the lid and toss, then re-cover and cook for another 3 mins. The bok choy should be tender at the core.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.